Marketing Management Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would the pros and cons be for service separation in your mind???

+5
Lin_Chen
Lu_Song
camille_girard
Erin_Lo
YOUNGJIN_KIM
9 posters

Go down

What would the pros and cons be for service separation in your mind??? Empty What would the pros and cons be for service separation in your mind???

Post by YOUNGJIN_KIM Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:15 pm

How can you generate the service saparation in your mind as a customer??

YOUNGJIN_KIM

注冊日期 : 2010-02-25

Back to top Go down

What would the pros and cons be for service separation in your mind??? Empty Re: What would the pros and cons be for service separation in your mind???

Post by Erin_Lo Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:39 pm

For your reference when answering this question, here's what the author said about service separation in the paper:

pons-can benefit customers by allowing a professional to do the job better than they could themselves, thus saving time and effort.

cons-limits marketability and is undesirable because offering produced without customer involvement are at a disadvantage.

Erin_Lo

注冊日期 : 2010-03-08

Back to top Go down

What would the pros and cons be for service separation in your mind??? Empty Re: What would the pros and cons be for service separation in your mind???

Post by camille_girard Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:18 pm

pros : quickly deliver, less expensive because no intermediaries
cons : lack of information and interaction with people, inpersonal, less customizable
camille_girard
camille_girard

注冊日期 : 2010-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Lu_Song Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:08 am

another pro is that its low profile. for example if you are purchasing something embarrassing or very personal, separated service may be the best route

Lu_Song

注冊日期 : 2010-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Lin_Chen Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:14 am

I agree with what the article states about the pro of service separation. It is quicker and saves time, which thus saves money. And a major disadvantage of it is that it is impersonal. Soon enough, if everything is on the internet then society become lazier and lazier-->couch potatoes. In addition, some people avoid using internet banking because they fear security fraud or simply don't trust the internet with the huge population of scammers/hackers out there.
Lin_Chen
Lin_Chen

注冊日期 : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin_Lo Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:17 am

Lu_Song wrote:another pro is that its low profile. for example if you are purchasing something embarrassing or very personal, separated service may be the best route

yes, and I do have personal experience about buying personal things on-line cuz no one will watch me when buying embarrassing things on-line.

Erin_Lo

Back to top Go down

Post by Eva_Berends Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:19 am

The pros and cons heavily depend on the nature of the service, but the biggest pro is in my opinion that it is an effective way of providing a service. An important disadvantage is that it is -As Lin mentioned as well- impersonal and so it could lack the exchange of adequate information, which could be a problem in some services.
Eva_Berends
Eva_Berends

注冊日期 : 2010-02-26
年齡 : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by chiaying_lin Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:25 am

Erin_Lo wrote:
Lu_Song wrote:another pro is that its low profile. for example if you are purchasing something embarrassing or very personal, separated service may be the best route

yes, and I do have personal experience about buying personal things on-line cuz no one will watch me when buying embarrassing things on-line.

what you normally buy????? hahahah! Razz just kidding~~~~~~ Very Happy

chiaying_lin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eva_Berends Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:30 am

Hahaha you said what I thought What would the pros and cons be for service separation in your mind??? Lol
Eva_Berends
Eva_Berends

年齡 : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by chiaying_lin Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:50 am

i think service separation increases customers' perceptions of not only access convenience and benefit convenience but also performance risk and psychological risk.
Furthermore, these effects differ across services. especially when it is relative to experience services, for credence services, the effects of separation on service convenience are mitigated, and the effects on perceived risk are magnified.
so, the convenience and risk perceptions induced by service separation can influence customers' purchase decisions and evaluations.

chiaying_lin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raphy_Liang Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:58 am

Pro: I can use my time more efficiently
Con: can't control the quality at the first moment
and maybe have to cost more to redeem it

Raphy_Liang

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:05 am

Pros include many different elements, but cons depend on nature of service more.

For example, Massage. some people can accept the process be clear and "public", but some people can not accept that, they perfer
dark room, they need privacy.

So......It's a big question, pros and cons depend on customers' needs, what kind of services, and social norms,...,etc.

Roy

注冊日期 : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down