Marketing Management Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you have a company in mind that is engaged in sustainable development?

3 posters

Go down

Do you have a company in mind that is engaged in sustainable development? Empty Do you have a company in mind that is engaged in sustainable development?

Post by Nemo_Kuo Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:12 pm

Do
you have a company in mind that is engaged in sustainable development?
What is
the company and what efforts are they partaking to better the environment?

Nemo_Kuo
Nemo_Kuo

注冊日期 : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Do you have a company in mind that is engaged in sustainable development? Empty Re: Do you have a company in mind that is engaged in sustainable development?

Post by Lin_Chen Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:02 pm

There are many grocery stores in the United States that now charge a certain amount of money if you choose to use a plastic bag. This encourages customers to purchase/use a reusable bag because 5cents per plastic bag really does add up. A local example in Taiwan that I can think of is Daiso. They charge 2NT per plastic bag.
Lin_Chen
Lin_Chen

注冊日期 : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Do you have a company in mind that is engaged in sustainable development? Empty Re: Do you have a company in mind that is engaged in sustainable development?

Post by ChienWei_Lee Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:46 pm

I think companies nowadays, especailly big ones, are all engaged in sustaineble development. Because they want positive company images. For example, the following link is Foxcoon's webpage for explaining how they work in sustainable development.

http://www.foxconnpc.cn/GreenBusiness.html
ChienWei_Lee
ChienWei_Lee

注冊日期 : 2010-02-25
年齡 : 35
來自 : Taiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo_Kuo Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:05 pm

I agree with ChienWei.
After i read the article "The Mini-Cases: 5 Companies, 5 Strategies, 5 Transformations", i believe that there is a underlying trend that companies have to take sustainability and environmental protection serious.

As far as i know, an American company,Bausch, invented a new product,ReNu MultiPlus,which can let users saving more potions. And the company won a environmental protection award in March, 2010.

This is Bausch's company website:
http://www.bausch.com/en_US/default.aspx
Nemo_Kuo
Nemo_Kuo

注冊日期 : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down