Marketing Management Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can you think of any other companies you think is regarding "environmental protection"?

+3
MH_Huang
YOUNGJIN_KIM
Nemo_Kuo
7 posters

Go down

Can you think of any other companies you think is regarding "environmental protection"? Empty Can you think of any other companies you think is regarding "environmental protection"?

Post by Nemo_Kuo Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:17 pm

The
underlying trend of the five companies is environmental protection.

Can you
think of any other companies you think is regarding "environmental
protection
" as a key issue to sustainability?

Nemo_Kuo
Nemo_Kuo

注冊日期 : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Can you think of any other companies you think is regarding "environmental protection"? Empty Re: Can you think of any other companies you think is regarding "environmental protection"?

Post by YOUNGJIN_KIM Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:00 pm

well-known case can be 'The body shop'~!! they have strong Environmental friendly campaigns such as No Testing animal, Reducing environmental impact, sourcing responsibly and protect our planet, etc. and those campaigns gave a trust to consumer and became one of the great example of respectable company in the world.

YOUNGJIN_KIM

注冊日期 : 2010-02-25

Back to top Go down

Can you think of any other companies you think is regarding "environmental protection"? Empty Re: Can you think of any other companies you think is regarding "environmental protection"?

Post by MH_Huang Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:09 pm

This is a good example. I also like the photo Can you think of any other companies you think is regarding "environmental protection"? Icon_smile

Starbucks is another example, with their Share Planet program emphasizing ethical sourcing.

MH_Huang

注冊日期 : 2010-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Chen Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:33 pm

Can you think of any other companies you think is regarding "environmental protection"? Icon_rr According to GGE rating by an international organization called "Green Peace" at Jen, 2010

Nokia stays in 1st place.(With rating 7.3)
Directive to adopt a methodology for further restrictions of hazardous substances, and immediately ban chlorinated and brominated substances.

Here's detail documentation of rating Nokia :
http://www.greenpeace.org/raw/content/international/press/reports/nokia-guide-to-greener-electronics-14.pdf
We can see that, overall, Nokia performs well except "Use of recycleed plastic" & "Global GHG emissions reduction support"...
Ian Chen
Ian Chen

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo_Kuo Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:37 pm

The first environmental-friendly company occurs to my mind is The Body Shop. But Kim have mentioned it,so i google it to find wether there are other companies to be environmental-friendly.

i found that a company,NatureWorks,really take environmental protection seriously.
NatureWorks manufacture a kind of fabric which is totally made of natual plants and can be totally recycled in the end of product life.
And more importantly, the fabric is not made of oil.
Therefore, it also reduce the worldly use of oil.
Nemo_Kuo
Nemo_Kuo

Back to top Go down

Post by MaoHung_Wang Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:53 pm

Eco-friendly company appears in my mind is Japan comic magazine publisher.

They publish millions of magazine every week and all of these magazine are made by recycled paper. If these magazine are made by normal paper, hundreds of acreage trees would disappear every week.

MaoHung_Wang

Back to top Go down

Post by Raphy_Liang Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:58 pm

YOUNGJIN's example remind me of Lush, which also claim no animal testing, natural material and less wrap used.
But I don't use Lush cuz I don't like its smell just bought it for a friend once. : P

Raphy_Liang

注冊日期 : 2010-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie_Tang Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:36 pm

I remember, at my old school, we had a restaurant at the top of our cafeteria called Engrained. It was an all sustainable restaurant that offered only environment friendly items. When my friend asked for a straw for her drink they said, "sorry we haven't found any sustainable straws yet, so we don't offer straws". But it is so pricey so hardly anyone eats there D:

Jamie_Tang

注冊日期 : 2010-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down