Marketing Management Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you think are other opportunities companies can involve in to be more socially responsible?

4 posters

Go down

What do you think are other opportunities companies can involve in to be more socially responsible? Empty What do you think are other opportunities companies can involve in to be more socially responsible?

Post by camille_girard Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:08 pm

What do you think are other opportunities companies can involve in to be more socially responsible?
camille_girard
camille_girard

注冊日期 : 2010-03-02

Back to top Go down

What do you think are other opportunities companies can involve in to be more socially responsible? Empty Re: What do you think are other opportunities companies can involve in to be more socially responsible?

Post by Lin_Chen Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:58 pm

I think companies can definitely be more involved in the local communities, such as monthly volunteer events or donating to certain charities. For example, there is a PR/marketing firm called Weber Shandwick and they are actively involved in their local communities. They are involved in community outreach programs and volunteer in the communities surrounding the global offices. Also, there are many firms in America that now have recycling bins in the offices and many reuse paper.
Lin_Chen
Lin_Chen

注冊日期 : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

What do you think are other opportunities companies can involve in to be more socially responsible? Empty Re: What do you think are other opportunities companies can involve in to be more socially responsible?

Post by t97701103 Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:53 pm

There are a lot of big multinational companies that provide extremely unhealthy products, such as Coca cola and Mc:donalds. It wouldn´t hurt if such companies worked harder on developing their businesses into one which provides healthier products and thereby increasing the general health among people. I believe it is socially irresponsible to provide such products, especially since there are a lot of people who doesnt realize exactly how unhealthy and sometimes dangerous, depending on the amounts consumed, some products are. As long as people know about the risks I dont see any problems, for example everybody are informed of how dangerous alcohol and tobacco are and then have a choice to use it or not. The same principles should be applied to food and drinks.

t97701103

注冊日期 : 2010-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo_Kuo Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:12 pm

Thank t97701103 for providing me an interesting way to think about this question--companies should rethink not only what they have to do about sustainability but also what they have not to do!

And i think there are a lot of fields companies can involve in, like oil replacement research, animal welfare or material selection.
Take material selection for example, company can choose product material's origins which are more environmental-friendly.
As i know, The Body Shop always choose environmental-friendly origins to buy their product materials.
Nemo_Kuo
Nemo_Kuo

注冊日期 : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down