Marketing Management Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

would u choose the store with cheaper goods but less customer friendly, or the contrary kind?

+8
camille_girard
Erin_Lo
Raphy_Liang
Lin_Chen
Ian Chen
Eva_Berends
Jamie_Tang
chiaying_lin
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

would u choose the store with cheaper goods but less customer friendly, or the contrary kind?

would u choose the store with cheaper goods but less customer friendly, or the contrary kind? I_vote_lcap9%would u choose the store with cheaper goods but less customer friendly, or the contrary kind? I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]
would u choose the store with cheaper goods but less customer friendly, or the contrary kind? I_vote_lcap45%would u choose the store with cheaper goods but less customer friendly, or the contrary kind? I_vote_rcap 45% 
[ 5 ]
would u choose the store with cheaper goods but less customer friendly, or the contrary kind? I_vote_lcap45%would u choose the store with cheaper goods but less customer friendly, or the contrary kind? I_vote_rcap 45% 
[ 5 ]
would u choose the store with cheaper goods but less customer friendly, or the contrary kind? I_vote_lcap0%would u choose the store with cheaper goods but less customer friendly, or the contrary kind? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 11

would u choose the store with cheaper goods but less customer friendly, or the contrary kind? Empty would u choose the store with cheaper goods but less customer friendly, or the contrary kind?

Post by chiaying_lin Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:34 pm

it's a good question from Jamie. Very Happy
Let have a poll and please explain why!

and I'm thinking about taking it more precisely and see how much higher you're willing to pay in exchange of better customer friendly and service.

so which one would you vote for?

1.the store with 30% cheaper goods but with POOR customer friendly
2.the store with 15% cheaper goods but with LESS customer friendly
3.the store with 15% more expensive goods but with GOOD customer friendly.
4.the store with 30% more expensive goods but with BEST customer friendly.

chiaying_lin

注冊日期 : 2010-03-08

Back to top Go down

would u choose the store with cheaper goods but less customer friendly, or the contrary kind? Empty Re: would u choose the store with cheaper goods but less customer friendly, or the contrary kind?

Post by Jamie_Tang Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:44 pm

Hehe, although it would depend for me about how expensive or how long I'm going to use the product, I think if its just like normal things I would go with the cheapest one, no matter what the customer service is, since it is just a normal product and I already know what I want or something like that. But for the more expensive/high-end things like computers or tvs, I'd rather have a little better customer service (maybe like number 3) to make sure I know that the salespeople are giving me proper information and aren't selling me questionable products. Sooo... I think I'm going to have to pick number 2~

Jamie_Tang

注冊日期 : 2010-03-01

Back to top Go down

would u choose the store with cheaper goods but less customer friendly, or the contrary kind? Empty Re: would u choose the store with cheaper goods but less customer friendly, or the contrary kind?

Post by Eva_Berends Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:47 pm

For me it totally depends on the product I am intending to buy, as Jamie mentioned as well. When I need some information about the product I would like to have customer friendly personnel helping me out. When I don't need any information or help, I don't care and just want the cheapest option (as long as quality is guaranteed, but that is another discussion)
Eva_Berends
Eva_Berends

注冊日期 : 2010-02-26
年齡 : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Chen Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:03 pm

Definitely, I won't choose any store with poor or bad services Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

If two store provide good customer service, then the selection will depend on values of product.
Ian Chen
Ian Chen

注冊日期 : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by chiaying_lin Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:04 pm

yeah, I do agree with Jamie and Eva, to some extent, it depends on what the product is.

but for me, normally, I will choose the shop with better customer service even if the price is "a bit" higher. Cause for me, a good shopping is not only about the product i buy, but also the feeling when i'm shopping. From the attitude of the sale to the atmosphere of the shop are all matter for me.
am i too picky??? lol!

chiaying_lin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eva_Berends Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:06 pm

Ian Chen wrote:Definitely, I won't choose any store with poor or bad services would u choose the store with cheaper goods but less customer friendly, or the contrary kind? Icon_evil would u choose the store with cheaper goods but less customer friendly, or the contrary kind? Icon_evil

If two store provide good customer service, then the selection will depend on values of product.
You also won't choose a store with poor service if you only need to buy something small and cheap? Or of it is just across your street? would u choose the store with cheaper goods but less customer friendly, or the contrary kind? Affraid
Eva_Berends
Eva_Berends

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie_Tang Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:08 pm

Lol xD So for me I'd say for the cheap or little things, even for normal things (just not things that are very very expensive) convenience > service. Ian and Christine are picky ones!

Jamie_Tang

Back to top Go down

Post by chiaying_lin Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:11 pm

Eva_Berends wrote:
Ian Chen wrote:Definitely, I won't choose any store with poor or bad services would u choose the store with cheaper goods but less customer friendly, or the contrary kind? Icon_evil would u choose the store with cheaper goods but less customer friendly, or the contrary kind? Icon_evil

You also won't choose a store with poor service if you only need to buy something small and cheap? Or of it is just across your street? would u choose the store with cheaper goods but less customer friendly, or the contrary kind? Affraid

maybe like
a cup of starbucks coffee and a cup of 7-11 city coffee?? lol!
i will pick the starbucks one! hhahaaa! as long as i'm not saving at that moment.

chiaying_lin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eva_Berends Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:14 pm

Yes then I would also choose the Starbucks one, but that has more to do with me being spoiled hahaha would u choose the store with cheaper goods but less customer friendly, or the contrary kind? Icon_king I meant to say, if you need to buy only let's say toilet paper, who cares about the shop being customer friendly or not? Not me at least!!
Eva_Berends
Eva_Berends

Back to top Go down

Post by Lin_Chen Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:24 pm

I choose "the store with 15% more expensive goods but with GOOD customer friendly." Customer service is pretty important to me. I have left stores without buying anything because of bad customer service. But I do agree with everyone else, it really depends on the product.
Lin_Chen
Lin_Chen

注冊日期 : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Raphy_Liang Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:44 pm

I think it depends on how the product serves and what identity the customer is. If the service time is relatively long, such as a 10-hour flight, I will prefer better service. As to a drink or fast food, less customer friendly but cheap-price is acceptable. And as a poor student, low price is more attractive to me than good service. After all, customer friendliness can't be used or eaten. tongue

Raphy_Liang

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie_Tang Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:50 pm

Haha yes, for poor students like us lower prices usually are the first thing we'd consider, for me at least xD (except when I'm studying abroad in Taiwan!)

Jamie_Tang

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Chen Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:03 pm

Jamie_Tang wrote:Haha yes, for poor students like us lower prices usually are the first thing we'd consider, for me at least xD (except when I'm studying abroad in Taiwan!)

For purchasing "consumables", I tend to be a poor student just like Jamie... lol!

but for things like computer, I rather choose the brand that is trustworthy even though it might be more costly.
afro
Ian Chen
Ian Chen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eva_Berends Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:06 pm

I think most people (at least us as students) do that Smile
Eva_Berends
Eva_Berends

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie_Tang Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:08 pm

Okay so then how about this, which items would you be okay with going for the cheaper version, and which would you want more "trustworthy" better serviced items?

Jamie_Tang

Back to top Go down

Post by Eva_Berends Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:16 pm

I think we all want products with a relatively long lifetime to be more trustworthy and better serviced. In my opinion, it all comes down to the value we put on the item, which could -to a certain extent- be measured by the amount we pay for it.
Eva_Berends
Eva_Berends

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin_Lo Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:46 pm

Jamie_Tang wrote:Okay so then how about this, which items would you be okay with going for the cheaper version, and which would you want more "trustworthy" better serviced items?
As a poor student, in my point of view, items such as groceries are okay with a cheaper version. Because these things aren't cost so much, and can be replaced easily. Therefore, it doesn't matter whether the lifetime of these things are long or short. But when buying something more valuable, for example, computer-related stuff, camera, and electronic dictionary, "trustworthy" becomes very important. These items are expensive and we might only buy them once or twice in our lifetime, so we may want to be better serviced and to be ensured that the product we bought really meets our needs.

Erin_Lo

Back to top Go down

Post by camille_girard Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:04 pm

I didn' put my answer at the good place so I start again:

For my point of view, sometimes I don't care about having customer friendly one. It is the case for the supermarket. In Europe, there are a lot of supermarket as Carrefour, Lidl,Lider Price which just provide food and no service at all. But it is very popular and it is working very well. But i think it really depend on the culture because people in europe cook a lot at home. So they can't spend to much money on supermarket.
For me, it is the same for airlines. I just don't care to have very good meal and services. I just want the cheaper price in order to travel as much as i can.

It is not because i am a poor student. I just don't want to spend money unnecessarely.
camille_girard
camille_girard

注冊日期 : 2010-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by MaoHung_Wang Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:17 pm

Agree with that answer depends on goods.

In fact I don't care about service in store much, if they have basic manners.
But I do care with after-sale service, this could be terrible when you need to spend many hours to send your machine to a right service point and wait a lot of time.

MaoHung_Wang

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie_Tang Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:22 pm

Hmm yeah, I guess you're right, poor or not, its better to spend your money wisely. And I guess its also true that how much time you are going to spend in the store is another factor to how good you'd want the service quality to be. That and they type of product I'm buying would be the main factors for me.

Jamie_Tang

Back to top Go down

Post by ChienWei_Lee Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:23 pm

I think it depends on whether the product needs after-sale service or not.
For example, if I go to the book store, I will choose the store with 30% cheaper goods but with POOR customer friendly; in contrast, when I go to a 3C's store, then I will choose normal price and customer friendly.

As a result of combining all cases, I chose the 15%-cheaper option.

ChienWei_Lee
ChienWei_Lee

注冊日期 : 2010-02-25
年齡 : 35
來自 : Taiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo_Kuo Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:30 pm

I have chosen the store with 15% more expensive goods but with GOOD customer friendly.

In my situation, my choice would change with age and income at present. When i was a senior high school studnet, i bought product mostly depend on the price. But with increasing age and income, I pay more attention to product quality.
Nemo_Kuo
Nemo_Kuo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie_Tang Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:30 pm

Hmm you're right, I didn't really consider the fact that you might need after-sale service as well. If you're coming back multiple times, there'd better be good service xD

Jamie_Tang

Back to top Go down

Post by YOUNGJIN_KIM Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:37 pm

yeah for me, it depends on the size or price of product and also I would choose the company that i have experienced before with high satisfaction. for example, I was thinking to buy new netbook from samsung which my current laptop is made by or new companies which is cheaper and similar spec... finally, I purchased Samsung one because the service center is near home and I always have great experience with their service after purchase...However, If I want to buy small or cheap which I don't care about the service Smile I would buy something cheapest one considering with extra cost before purchase like transportation cost etc...Smile so the answer can be diverse..

YOUNGJIN_KIM

注冊日期 : 2010-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie_Tang Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:40 pm

ohh right... transportation costs count too... hahah whats the use of getting something for $10 cheaper if you have to travel 2 hours to get it xD

Jamie_Tang

Back to top Go down

Post by Eva_Berends Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:43 pm

Jamie_Tang wrote:ohh right... transportation costs count too... hahah whats the use of getting something for $10 cheaper if you have to travel 2 hours to get it xD
Depends on what value you put on your time as well I think. If you have nothing to do anyway, transportation time/costs shouldn't be the biggest problem. would u choose the store with cheaper goods but less customer friendly, or the contrary kind? Icon_razz
Eva_Berends
Eva_Berends

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie_Tang Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:44 pm

But maybe you'd have to pay more than the $10 difference just to get there, then that "cheaper" item turns out to be the more expensive one!

Jamie_Tang

Back to top Go down

Post by MaoHung_Wang Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:44 pm

Usually when you buy more expensive goods, you will get better service.Smile

If you want to buy a house, you even can get free dinner with sales.XD

MaoHung_Wang

Back to top Go down

Post by MaoHung_Wang Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:47 pm

Jamie_Tang wrote:But maybe you'd have to pay more than the $10 difference just to get there, then that "cheaper" item turns out to be the more expensive one!

I think this could be include in service level. If they get good service, they could send it to you by free.

MaoHung_Wang

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie_Tang Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:47 pm

Oh, so like.. online?

Jamie_Tang

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next