Marketing Management Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have you ever read any cases you think are supporting the importance of customer cultivating?

+2
Jamie_Tang
chiaying_lin
6 posters

Go down

Have you ever read any cases you think are supporting the importance of customer cultivating? Empty Have you ever read any cases you think are supporting the importance of customer cultivating?

Post by chiaying_lin Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:11 pm

Have you ever read or heard about any cases you think actually back the ideas of the author up?
Like how much the sale increased after a company transformed itself from the traditional one to a customer-centric one.
or how much the market share raised after a company integrated the R&D and marketing.
Please share with us Very Happy

chiaying_lin

注冊日期 : 2010-03-08

Back to top Go down

Have you ever read any cases you think are supporting the importance of customer cultivating? Empty Re: Have you ever read any cases you think are supporting the importance of customer cultivating?

Post by Jamie_Tang Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:13 pm

Nobody yet? How about I start one off then~

Written in the article is an example of how Nokia created a more customer-centered campaign called the Nokia Beta Labs. The Nokia Beta Labs are sort of a developer community where users of Nokia phones and the developers of the products could come together and plan new products and features. Now Nokia's market shares exceed 60% in Asia.

Or on the other hand, a negative example would be when Delta Airlines was outsourcing call centers. In the end, they stopped the outsourcing because they claimed themselves that the negative impact on customer relations was not worth the money saved through outsourcing. In the time that the customer support call centers were outsourced, factors such as cultural differences and a disconnect between Delta Airlines and their unhappy customers severely hurt the company's customer satisfaction, and in turn their business as well.

So, now that we've got examples, anyone have a similar case that could help to prove that customer-centric companies seem to do better than traditional ones?

Jamie_Tang

注冊日期 : 2010-03-01

Back to top Go down

Have you ever read any cases you think are supporting the importance of customer cultivating? Empty Re: Have you ever read any cases you think are supporting the importance of customer cultivating?

Post by YOUNGJIN_KIM Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:32 pm

I think It can be an example.Smile Carrefour was launched in south korea before. but they failed as a result in lack of customer-cultivating. the company offered cheap and variety of goods. but the stores were like store house, not designed friendly to customers. It just looked like huge factory different from their interior now. So people in south korea prefered to use its competitor which is better designed and friendly atmosphered shops even though it was bit more expensive.Smile

YOUNGJIN_KIM

注冊日期 : 2010-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie_Tang Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:38 pm

Ahh nice example! So then, do you think the company that can satisfy the customer more will always win over the one that cannot, even if the prices are a little more expensive (but not like way overpriced expensive). Or in your personal opinions, would you rather choose the store with cheaper goods but less customer friendly, or the more expensive, nicer one?

Jamie_Tang

Back to top Go down

Post by YOUNGJIN_KIM Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:55 pm

um... actually the store is now the cheapest one.haha Anyway in personal opinion, i would choose customer friendly one. because I get more satisfaction from the services and I wouldn't feel goods are little bit more expensive with better feeling while i purchase. the impression also gives trust between customer & company. Plus like now, they can offer the cheapest price by dealing with suppliers....so i will the VIP customer with them. hehe:)

YOUNGJIN_KIM

Back to top Go down

Post by chiaying_lin Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:24 pm

Jamie_Tang wrote:Ahh nice example! So then, do you think the company that can satisfy the customer more will always win over the one that cannot, even if the prices are a little more expensive (but not like way overpriced expensive). Or in your personal opinions, would you rather choose the store with cheaper goods but less customer friendly, or the more expensive, nicer one?

Thanks Jamie for this interesting question that “would you rather choose the store with cheaper goods but less customer friendly, or the more expensive, nicer one?!”
I think we can have a poll of it.

albino

chiaying_lin

注冊日期 : 2010-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Chen Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:39 pm

Jamie_Tang wrote:Nobody yet? How about I start one off then~

Written in the article is an example of how Nokia created a more customer-centered campaign called the Nokia Beta Labs. The Nokia Beta Labs are sort of a developer community where users of Nokia phones and the developers of the products could come together and plan new products and features. Now Nokia's market shares exceed 60% in Asia.

Or on the other hand, a negative example would be when Delta Airlines was outsourcing call centers. In the end, they stopped the outsourcing because they claimed themselves that the negative impact on customer relations was not worth the money saved through outsourcing. In the time that the customer support call centers were outsourced, factors such as cultural differences and a disconnect between Delta Airlines and their unhappy customers severely hurt the company's customer satisfaction, and in turn their business as well.

So, now that we've got examples, anyone have a similar case that could help to prove that customer-centric companies seem to do better than traditional ones?

The US Airways might be a good example bounce
Ian Chen
Ian Chen

注冊日期 : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie_Tang Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:53 pm

And how so?~ xD

Jamie_Tang

Back to top Go down

Post by camille_girard Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:36 pm

For my point of view, sometimes I don't care about having customer friendly one. It is the case for the supermarket. In Europe, there are a lot of supermarket as Carrefour, Lidl,Lider Price which just provide food and no service at all. But it is very popular and it is working very well. But i think it really depend on the culture because people in europe cook a lot at home. So they can't spend to much money on supermarket.
For me, it is the same for airlines. I just don't care to have very good meal and services. I just want the cheaper price in order to travel as much as i can.
camille_girard
camille_girard

注冊日期 : 2010-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by ChienWei_Lee Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:54 pm

I don't know whether what I'm going to say is relevant to the subject or not.

I read a book named "catalyst codes".
In the book, the author mentioned that customer cultivating is extrexely important in double-sided or multi-sided companies.

What is a double-sided enterprise?
For examples, Google, Facebook, Baidu .... ,etc.

These enterprises have two kinds of customers.
One is the normal users who just surfing online , or try to acquire and chat and share with people (Facebook), and they just want to use free and good functions that provided by the enterprises.

You may be confused to ask:"So, how do these enterprises make money?"

They charge the second kind of customers, the advertisers.

Therefore, two-sided enterprises are not only providing free products for the first kind of customers, but they have to design some mechanism to "catalyze" the reactions between the two kinds of customers.

If you want to see more about, you can borrow the "catalyst codes" from me, but I only have the Chinese version of this book.
ChienWei_Lee
ChienWei_Lee

年齡 : 35
來自 : Taiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down