Marketing Management Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would you pay more for sustainable products and services? Why or why not?

+10
YOUNGJIN_KIM
Frank_Ho
Jamie_Tang
Ian Chen
t97701103
Lin_Chen
camille_girard
ChienWei_Lee
MH_Huang
Nemo_Kuo
14 posters

Go down

Would you pay more for sustainable products and services?

Would you pay more for sustainable products and services? Why or why not? I_vote_lcap67%Would you pay more for sustainable products and services? Why or why not? I_vote_rcap 67% 
[ 8 ]
Would you pay more for sustainable products and services? Why or why not? I_vote_lcap17%Would you pay more for sustainable products and services? Why or why not? I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 2 ]
Would you pay more for sustainable products and services? Why or why not? I_vote_lcap16%Would you pay more for sustainable products and services? Why or why not? I_vote_rcap 16% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 12

Would you pay more for sustainable products and services? Why or why not? Empty Would you pay more for sustainable products and services? Why or why not?

Post by Nemo_Kuo Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:08 pm

Would
you pay more for "sustainable" products and services?
Why or why not?
Nemo_Kuo
Nemo_Kuo

注冊日期 : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Would you pay more for sustainable products and services? Why or why not? Empty Re: Would you pay more for sustainable products and services? Why or why not?

Post by MH_Huang Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:27 pm

I am willing to pay more for sustainable goods and services, if those products meet my needs. I won't pay for anything that is supposed to be green but is useless to me.

MH_Huang

注冊日期 : 2010-02-20

Back to top Go down

Would you pay more for sustainable products and services? Why or why not? Empty Re: Would you pay more for sustainable products and services? Why or why not?

Post by ChienWei_Lee Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:33 pm

Yes. Since the population of world is more and more closed to our Earth's resource limit. We should pay more for sustainable products and services, or we may be living in an ill-environment in our late in lives.
ChienWei_Lee
ChienWei_Lee

注冊日期 : 2010-02-25
年齡 : 35
來自 : Taiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by MH_Huang Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:57 pm

ChienWei, if those products do not meet your needs, will you still pay for them?

MH_Huang

注冊日期 : 2010-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by camille_girard Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:06 pm

Me, I will not pay more if it doesn't meet my needs because the sustainable's principle is to avoid waste : just consume what we need. Even if it's green product, it's still using energy to produce it and so on. The product have to fit consumers' taste in order to be as efficient as possbile.
camille_girard
camille_girard

注冊日期 : 2010-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Lin_Chen Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:50 pm

I agree with Camille...that we should just consume what is necessary and not excessively buy things that we don't need. However, I would pay more for sustainable products - depending on the type. For example. all the products I use on my face are organic and made with natural ingredients, and I pay more for those products because they do not contain harsh chemicals.
Lin_Chen
Lin_Chen

注冊日期 : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo_Kuo Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:53 pm

I think professor Huang mentioned a key point "if those products do not meet your needs, will you
still pay for them?
"
And my sweet team mate Cammile and Lin proposed a appropriate reply that "the sustainable's principle is to avoid waste :
just consume what we need.
"

i totally approve Cammile and Lin. The ultimate target of sustainability product is zero waste. If we buy something we don't need, it will finally become a waste.

Even though i agree that buying what we need not what we want, i will not pay more for sustainable products or services.
Because i don't have incomes now, the price is the most important factor which influences me to buy a product.
Nemo_Kuo
Nemo_Kuo

Back to top Go down

Post by t97701103 Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:25 pm

I would definitley not buy something just because it is sustainable, obviously it must also be a product that I want or need. Presuming that I want a product I am still not sure if I would pay more to get a sustainable product instead of a substitute product. I also think it has to be questioned if the product really needs to be more expensive only because it is sustainalble. It seems like companies can cut down their costs by sustainable production and it would then be reasonable to sell the products cheaper. That would for sure make sustainable products more attractive.

t97701103

注冊日期 : 2010-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Chen Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:31 pm

Even though I vote for "Yes", but, for me, some reqirements should be satisfied before I be willing to pay for higher price...

1. Products or services are exactly what I want.

2. There should be some Certifications by reliable autority to back products/services up.

3. Rating by some internet critics should be not so bad.

Would you pay more for sustainable products and services? Why or why not? Icon_rr
Ian Chen
Ian Chen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie_Tang Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:48 pm

I'd have to answer with a no as well. Although sometimes I will go for the more sustainable product if the price difference is not too high, (sustainable items are usually so much more expensive than non-sustainable ones) but my top priority is usually always which one has the cheaper price, the n maybe sustainability would come next.

Jamie_Tang

注冊日期 : 2010-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Ho Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:41 pm

I'd never pay for products which do not meet my needs even it may be sustainable, and I think that just few people would. For most people, “sustainability” is just the value-added on products, not the main criteria for to buy or not to buy.

Frank_Ho

Back to top Go down

Post by YOUNGJIN_KIM Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:54 pm

If it has better quality and taste, I would choose sustainable product and services. But if it has low and poor quality, I would not choose any ones. Avtually, I didn't mind the product was sustainable or not. But now I would feel a little bit guilty after watching many campaigns and education programs....Smile

YOUNGJIN_KIM

Back to top Go down

Post by Lu_Song Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:55 pm

I would pay slightly more...but not ridiculously more....but not to companies that don't have a sincere interest in the environment and are just pretending to be "green" to market.

Lu_Song

Back to top Go down

Post by MaoHung_Wang Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:58 pm

I vote yes because I feel it's acceptable to pay for increased cost in sustainable products. User pays, it's fair.
But would I choose these kinds of products? That's another story.Very Happy

MaoHung_Wang

Back to top Go down

Post by Raphy_Liang Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:21 pm

I will pay more but still consider its necessity for me at first. And if i paid more for sustainable products, it would compesate me for feeling that I can protect the earth!!!

Raphy_Liang

注冊日期 : 2010-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin_Lo Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:27 pm

I vote for "I DON'T CARE" because I think the keypoint here is "does this product meet my needs?" If yes, then I'll pay for that even if it is expensive for being sustainable; if no, I won't pay for it whether it costs high or not. Therefore, I think "sustainable" or not is not the major point when I consider whether to buy a product.

Erin_Lo

注冊日期 : 2010-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down