Marketing Management Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can you find an example for an informational or transformational ad?

+4
Jamie_Tang
Roy
camille_girard
ChienWei_Lee
8 posters

Go down

Can you find an example for an informational or transformational ad? Empty Can you find an example for an informational or transformational ad?

Post by ChienWei_Lee Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:08 am

In what situations do informational or transformational ads have more power to influence consumers?
ChienWei_Lee
ChienWei_Lee

注冊日期 : 2010-02-25
年齡 : 35
來自 : Taiwan

Back to top Go down

Can you find an example for an informational or transformational ad? Empty Re: Can you find an example for an informational or transformational ad?

Post by camille_girard Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:18 pm

An informational ad : ad for a computer about the feature of the product.
An transformational ad : ad for a trip, hollidays.
Transformational ad have more power when it's not a concrete product. Peple would be more sensitive if the ad appeals their imagination.
But when it needs a real implication from the customer, the informative ad will work better. People will be sensitive if they get the information they need.
camille_girard
camille_girard

注冊日期 : 2010-03-02

Back to top Go down

Can you find an example for an informational or transformational ad? Empty Re: Can you find an example for an informational or transformational ad?

Post by Roy Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:58 pm

Transformational Ad : Classical Heineken Ad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1ZZreXEqSY

The ad led viewers from women's fever to boutique, to men's
fanaticism to beers, then transform viewers' image about Heineken. It's very successful.

Transformational and Informational :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBhH_3f2wLs&feature=related

Roy

注冊日期 : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie_Tang Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:14 pm

I think for an example of transformational ads would be one of those insurance ads, where they show someone getting into a horrible car accident, then telling you this could happen to you any day in your life... then saying buy our insurance and you'll be safe! And for this type of product I think this is the most effective route, because it puts fear and anxiety into people's minds, and they will feel an obligation to go and buy insurance.

Jamie_Tang

注冊日期 : 2010-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ChienWei_Lee Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:53 pm

Everybody seems to forget there is another question: in what situations do informational or transformational ads have more power to influence consumers?

I think the transformational ads are especially effective in a info-asymmetric situation.
For example, my parents always buy 3C products without knowing the specifications of products.
They will easily be persuaded by the store clerks as well as transmational ads.

Therefore, to be a smart consumer, we should make efforts to realize the things we buying or go shopping with professional people.

Otherwise, you will be like my parents.XDD
ChienWei_Lee
ChienWei_Lee

注冊日期 : 2010-02-25
來自 : Taiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Eva_Berends Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:16 pm

Any other examples of transformational ads could be a death-insurance ad, ads for certain diets, ads for medicines against things as headaches, ads for... wow many more! Almost every ad feels transformational in some kind of way when I think about it now Can you find an example for an informational or transformational ad? Icon_razz Transformational ads work best when people lack background information or easily trust upon what is being said by others.
Eva_Berends
Eva_Berends

注冊日期 : 2010-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Chen Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:21 pm

Transformational : typical example in Taiwan is elifemall's(全國電子) ad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le-QYRhK2Ts

Last edited by Ian Chen on Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ian Chen
Ian Chen

注冊日期 : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:21 pm

Maybe the key difference is the degree of involvement in products.

Transformation may be more effctive than information in many occasions. But, If the product is high-involved to most people, it will be totally different -only transformation is not enough, advertiser has to put some information in ads, in order to gain people's trust.

That's just my openion Can you find an example for an informational or transformational ad? Icon_smile

Roy

注冊日期 : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Lin_Chen Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:50 pm

Transformational ad: advertisement from a charity organization--like ASPCA (American Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO9d2PpP7tQ&feature=fvst It makes me tear up every time I see it! And, all those who I know have seen it also feel emotional after watching it.
Lin_Chen
Lin_Chen

注冊日期 : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin_Lo Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:36 am

[quote="Ian Chen"]

Transformational : typical example in Taiwan is elifemall's(全國電子) ad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le-QYRhK2Ts
[/quote]
this ad is absolutely a powerful for transformational ad, which set a picture of considerable and warmth for the company. Especially for those poor people, this ad really works.

Erin_Lo

注冊日期 : 2010-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie_Tang Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:58 am

ChienWei_Lee wrote:Everybody seems to forget there is another question: in what situations do informational or transformational ads have more power to influence consumers?

Well i think transformation ads are more effective overall. I think this because informational ads, most of the time, are only useful if the customer is specifically looking for that product, then they'd pay attention. But if it was something they didn't really want, they wouldn't pay as much attention to the little details and specifications of products. On the other hand, transformational products can appeal to you and make you want to buy a product even if you were not considering it in the beginning.

Jamie_Tang

注冊日期 : 2010-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down