Marketing Management Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PRICE V.S ENVIRONMENT

+7
Ian Chen
MaoHung_Wang
YOUNGJIN_KIM
Lin_Chen
camille_girard
ChienWei_Lee
Nemo_Kuo
11 posters

Go down

Would you choose to buy products with a higher price, but are environmentally-friendly OR products with a lower price, but are not environmentally-friendly?

PRICE V.S ENVIRONMENT I_vote_lcap58%PRICE V.S ENVIRONMENT I_vote_rcap 58% 
[ 7 ]
PRICE V.S ENVIRONMENT I_vote_lcap42%PRICE V.S ENVIRONMENT I_vote_rcap 42% 
[ 5 ]
PRICE V.S ENVIRONMENT I_vote_lcap0%PRICE V.S ENVIRONMENT I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 12

PRICE V.S ENVIRONMENT Empty PRICE V.S ENVIRONMENT

Post by Nemo_Kuo Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:20 pm

Would
you choose to buy products with a higher price, but are
environmentally-friendly OR products with a lower price, but are not
environmentally-friendly?
Nemo_Kuo
Nemo_Kuo

注冊日期 : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

PRICE V.S ENVIRONMENT Empty Re: PRICE V.S ENVIRONMENT

Post by ChienWei_Lee Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:29 pm

I chose the "Higher price, but environmentally-friendly products." option because I think people who bought these products should pay more to the Third Would's residents for using their natural resource.
ChienWei_Lee
ChienWei_Lee

注冊日期 : 2010-02-25
年齡 : 35
來自 : Taiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by camille_girard Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:14 pm

I also chose "the higher price but environmentally friendly products" because environmental product have higher cost than cheap product which are manufacturing in big quantity. But the product have to confince me that it's a real green product and that the benefit is the same as the cheap product.
For example, I usually prefere to buy bio vegetables, even if the price is higher because I know that for my wealth and for the earth it's much better.
camille_girard
camille_girard

注冊日期 : 2010-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo_Kuo Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:09 pm

I have a different opinion with Camille and ChienWei. I choose "Lower price, but not environmentally-friendly
products.
" because I think the price and the quality of products are more important to me.

If i am standing in front of a shelf of similar-function products, i would compare the price and the quality of each product. And i would buy a higher-price product because of higher quality not because it is environmentally-friendly.

The main reason that i care more about the price is because i have no capacity to earn money.
Therefore, maybe i will change my opinion when i have a job.
PRICE V.S ENVIRONMENT Icon_biggrin
Nemo_Kuo
Nemo_Kuo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lin_Chen Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:01 pm

I chose "higher price, but environmentally-friendly products" because yes, eco-friendly products tend to be priced higher, but I know that I am helping to save our earth. I want to be a good citizen and do what I can to make our planet a better place to live for future generations. Additionally, natural products are better for your health, so I know that buying these green products is not doing damage to my well-being and to the environment.
Lin_Chen
Lin_Chen

注冊日期 : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by YOUNGJIN_KIM Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:47 pm

I will chose " higher price, but environmentally-friendly products". the live-standard became higher, and environmental matter is issued nowadays. Many developed countries consider about it such as Icemelt at the northpole. So it is important issue to produce and purchase environmental friendly products for near future. In addition, many goverments seem to support people to buy eco-friendly one like Electric vehicle. In the Uk and Japan, The goverments offer low tax for the EV and planning to have more charging station in the country. can cope with the price as well~Smile

YOUNGJIN_KIM

注冊日期 : 2010-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by MaoHung_Wang Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:55 pm

I chose "Lower price, but not environmentally-friendly products."
Though this will depends, but in the first place I will compare c/p first.
For example I ride motorcycle to school rather than bus to save time and money, though I know it damage environment more.

MaoHung_Wang

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Chen Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:58 pm

There's no need to emphesize the importance of environmental protection again. There's no way or reason for us to use some environment-harmful stuffs and pay for it's price someday in the future... As a visonary, the cost generated by some bad externalities should be considered as the critical issue for companies. As an ethical producer or service provider, they are responsible for what have been brought to our society. As a globle villager, everyone on this beautiful blue planet, we should arouse the awareness of whether the thing you buy is environmentally-friendly....

PRICE V.S ENVIRONMENT Icon_rr
Ian Chen
Ian Chen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie_Tang Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:06 pm

Lower price but not environmental friendly. As said in a different topic, I'd usually pick a product judging the price first.

Jamie_Tang

注冊日期 : 2010-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Raphy_Liang Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:23 pm

I vote Higher price but environmentally-friendly products. But there's a limitation of the higher price, like 1~5% higher. Smile

Raphy_Liang

注冊日期 : 2010-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin_Lo Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:54 pm

Nemo_Kuo wrote:I have a different opinion with Camille and ChienWei. I choose "Lower price, but not environmentally-friendly
products.
" because I think the price and the quality of products are more important to me.

If i am standing in front of a shelf of similar-function products, i would compare the price and the quality of each product. And i would buy a higher-price product because of higher quality not because it is environmentally-friendly.

The main reason that i care more about the price is because i have no capacity to earn money.
Therefore, maybe i will change my opinion when i have a job.
PRICE V.S ENVIRONMENT Icon_biggrin
I have the same opinion as yours. I would like to choose cheaper one which is not environmentallt-friendly. To say it more practically, as a poor student, I care more about price and quality, and sometimes I don't think that environmentally-friendly equals to high quality.

Erin_Lo

注冊日期 : 2010-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Ho Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:11 pm

I chose "Lower price, but not environmentally-friendly products."
I think that "higher price, but environmentally-friendly products" just reflect the value-added from “sustainability” for consumer excess the price-added of the products. “Sustainability” would be part of the product itself because it increases the utility from consumption by making them feel accomplished. When consumers buy the “Sustainable” products, they might feel like “I make my effort on environment protection, maybe I’m saving the Earth!”

Frank_Ho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down